The next OSK PhD meet & greet will take place in Utrecht on:
Friday 18 November 2022, 13.30-18.00hrs
Venue: Room D23 – 020, Drift 23, Utrecht
You are cordially invited to join us for our first PhD Meet & Greet this academic year. We particularly encourage PhD candidates to attend – this is your chance to get to know your fellow researchers and learn from each other’s research and writing process.
The programme is as follows:
- 1.30 p.m. Elevator pitches (7 minutes) about encountering methodological problems during your PhD research: what was the problem, how you did solve it or why you are still struggling with this problem? Who or what helped/may help? Can (or did) your research community help? There will of course be plenty of room for discussion. (Venue: Room D23 – 020, Drift 23, Utrecht).
1. Bregje Gerritse (UvA) The Reception of Vincent van Gogh in Paris 1886-1914: Art Dealers, Collectors and Critics.
2. Julia Alting (RUG) Historical Time and Chronology in Art History: Reviving A Nonlinear Approach
3. Laura Prins (VUA Medical Center) A History of the Mad Genius. On the relationship between creativity and mental illness (the artist, his imagination and his image)
4. Minke Walda (VUA) Keeping up appearances. Renovation and demolition in the urban network of Holland in the long eighteenth century (1670-1830)
- 3.30 p.m. Visit Centraal Museum Utrecht (Agnietenstraat 1, Utrecht): Exhibition Double Act. Welcome and introduction by Centraal Museum Director Bart Rutten.
- 5.15 p.m. Snacks and drinks at Café de Rechtbank (Korte Nieuwstraat 14 Utrecht).
Please let us know if you would like to attend on 18 November. And please do not forget to register (email@example.com) as the number of participants is limited. RSVP: 16 November 2022.
We look forward to seeing you in Utrecht!