Netherlands Institute for Conservation+ Art+ Science+
30 November – 4 December
We are very pleased to invite you to the NICAS Project Week 2020. This coming December, the Netherlands Institute for Conservation+ Art+ Science+ will celebrate its 5th birthday. Because of COVID-19, we won’t be able to organize a Project Day like we usually do, which is why we decided to host a digital Project Week.
In the first week of December (30 November – 4 December), we will host 5 days of online presentations. Every day from 16-17hrs CET, project leaders will present their research in a livestream. The aim of Project Week is to inform everyone about current NICAS research projects. Project Week will focus on projects that received funding in the NICAS calls for proposals organized by the Dutch Research Council (NWO).
You are kindly invited to join us during this festive NICAS week! We also encourage you to forward this event to anyone who might be interested in the NICAS research projects.
For more information and access to the livestream, visit the NICAS website.
Monday 30 November – 16.00-17.00 hrs CET
- Dr. R. van Langh (Chair of NICAS) | Word of Welcome
- Prof. dr. P. Iedema (University of Amsterdam) | PREDAGIO – Predicting Aging of Oil Networks
- Dr. K. Keune (Rijksmuseum, University of Amsterdam) | 3D2P – 3D Understanding of Degradation Products in Paintings
- Prof. dr. E. Hermens (Rijksmuseum, University of Amsterdam) | I3GlasP – Imaging, Identification and Interpretation of Glass in Paint
Tuesday 1 December – 16.00-17.00 hrs CET
- Prof. dr. N. Shahidzadeh (University of Amsterdam) | CRYSTINART – Crystallization Damage at the Interfaces of Artworks
- Prof. dr. J. Stumpel (Utrecht University) | RaRe – Recipes and Realities
- Prof. dr. R. Erdmann (Rijksmuseum, University of Amsterdam) | 21st-century Connoiseurship: Developing Smart Tools for the Analysis of 17th-century Paintings
Wednesday 2 December – 16.00-17.00 hrs CET
- Prof. dr. J. Batenburg (CWI – Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica) | CT for Art: From Images to Patterns
- Dr. L. van Eijck (Delft University of Technology) | Beeldvorming – A Non-invasive Look Inside Statues
Thursday 3 December – 16.00-17.00 hrs CET
- Dr. E. Bosco (Eindhoven University of Technology) | MUON – A multi-scale and uncertainty approach for the analysis of the aging of timber art objects adhesively bonded by animal glues
- Prof. dr. G. Davies (VU Amsterdam) | MITEEMA – Multi-isotopic Analysis of Early Modern Art
- Prof. dr. M. van Bommel (University of Amsterdam) | CarpetAct – Automated Interpretation of X-radiographs and CT scans to Assess Islamic Carpet Construction
Friday 4 December – 16.00-17.00 hrs CET
- G. Strezoski (University of Amsterdam) | VISTORY – A Visual Analytics Approach for the Stylistic History of Painting
- Dr. I. Joosten (Cultural Heritage Agency of the Netherlands) | IPA – Irradiation Passport for Art